2011年4月18日星期一

Ebook reader’s acknowlege



I have owned 5 different mp3 players, none of them made by iPod. Most of them are made by Sansa. I don't see a Sansa ebook reader. I bet they are waiting for one or two winner formats to rise to the top and then they will copy that but sell it cheaper. I can wait.

Features I want: price is most important.wholesale electronic stores Comfortable reading screen and lots of formats are second. But what's really going to get me to buy this is probably a format that allows me to "borrow" books or buy temporary rights, like a rental -- pay a small fee to download a file that times out after a period of time. wholesale electronic shop online A dollar is probably a good price and a month (standard library due date) is a good time period, with the option to pay another fee (50 cents?) to "renew" for another month if you don't finish. Add to that ability to read all of the public domain electronic books already on the internet.

Another thing that would appeal to me and get me to pay more would be extra functions. A machine that plays audio files would be good, I could store both books and podcasts on it. And a machine that had PDA functionality would be excellent -- not a phone, but all of the non-phone apps available for smart phones, if there were an eBook reader with that kind of functionality I'd be willing to pay more than for just a reader.

I'm inclined more toward smaller than larger. The very largest this thing could be is the dimensions of my netbook -- one of the original Asus EEE PCs. Thinner and lighter is better, but the overall length and width still matter. It has to go in my purse. I can't need a briefcase to carry it or it's not worth it. I can see the advantage of the big screen for newspapers and magazines, but -- no, not worth the money to buy something that large.

One more thing -- my son reads these Japanese manga graphic novels. They are black and white and read right to left and back to front. I don't know if they are available in ebook format and if so, which one. Whichever format it is, that's going to be a major one to consider, at least in this household.

没有评论:

发表评论